27 January 2006

Seven weeks out, or, Why I'll be dead by spring break.

For the first time since I took over the Jayhawker, I will miss a deadline. It upsets me and makes me feel like I've failed, which as my advisor David said today, "at least shows that [you're] not a sociopath." Including this deadline, I have 108 pages, including four full-color pages that are due within five days of the Jayhawks NCAA tournament end. At the way our team is currently standing, I'll probably go ahead and have those pages done with the rest of the book by 13 March.

Course this gets a little more involved due to the lack of interest shown by most of my photography staff. I have a couple of people who are still contributing, but for the most part, I haven't fulfilled my duties in really managing my staff. So I'm taking it upon myself to carry this book home; instead of planning things around my classes (which don't count anymore anyways), I'm planning around photo opportunities. Last night was an concert by our a capella group, tonight was a swim meet and Chinese New Year's dinner, tomorrow is a track meet and Mozart tribute concert. I also woke up at 5:15am this morning and decided that since the Rec was opening in 15min., I might as well go ahead and get a work out done. And now it's 6:40pm and I'm supposed to meet Jeff, Annie and Tim for dinner downtown and I'm exhausted.

At this rate, I'll be a wired, emaciated former yearbook editor by St. Patrick's Day. But dammit, I'll have a portfolio to send to Italy. Visions of pasta are the only thing getting me through this anymore.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I can neither whistle, nor blow bubbles with bubble gum.