27 January 2006

The surly bonds of Earth.

I can't believe it's been twenty years since the Challenger exploded. I vaguely remember that day; we were living in Rifle, Colorado at the time, and I wasn't yet in school so I was home that day to watch the lift-off (being full-on in my astronaut phase, as all four year olds have to be). The only thing I really remember about the disaster, though, is my mom calling my dad at his radiator shop to tell him what happened. Eighteen years later, my mom would do the same to call me from New York when the Columbia disappeared off radar, to break apart in the skies over Texas.

Anyway, NASA has put up a tribute site on their Day of Remembrance. Take a look, and take a moment.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I can neither whistle, nor blow bubbles with bubble gum.