12 March 2006

That. Was. AWESOME!

I just watched a fucking cyclone come down Campanile Hill and hit my apartment complex, uprooting trees, messing up the stadium, and tearing the third floor railing off the building opposite mine. There are sirens and debris all over town, but seriously, I can't believe I watched the thing come towards me. I couldn't decide whether to stay in front of my big patio screen door, or run for cover. I did the sensible thing; I stayed. And it was sweet.

ETA, 10:29am: There are sooo many trees down all over campus and at the dorms up the hill. I went walking with the yearbook camera and it is incredible, the amount of damage just in our little neighborhood, considering all of the reports and footage from downtown and also from south of campus. It's still all dreary and cloudy outside, so it's like being in a warzone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you're okay. I saw the news of tornados in ya'lls part of the world - sent optimistic energy your way. I'd like to think that made a difference.

About Me

My photo
I can neither whistle, nor blow bubbles with bubble gum.