14 December 2005

Process.

So I've realized that applying for graduate school sucks. See, last year I didn't get to the part of the actual filling out of the application forms; I had only had recommendation forms sent in and taken the GRE by the time I decided to call it off for a year. But now I'm trying to get these two schools (NYU and SFU) taken care of before Christmas, and today I find out about another program: the Globalization Studies track in Dartmouth's MALS program. It really sounds like it would be right in my wheelhouse, as I'm all for interdisciplinary approaches to modern history, poli sci, sociology and, *cough*economics*cough*. And it's not due until 15 Feb., which gives enough time to round up yet another batch of recommendations if I choose to shoot for it. But definitely no warm-weather options this year; the deadline for USC's Politics & International Relations PhD program has already passed. Had I been up for committing myself to five more years of this stuff, I would've jumped at it.

As if I'm not gonna be immersed in politics and international relations for the next five years anyway. Dammit, at least I would've gotten paid for it *and* lived in Southern California. It might steal your soul, but maybe I'd finally get a tan.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I can neither whistle, nor blow bubbles with bubble gum.