11 July 2006

More than cute.

I just downloaded my first album on my MacBook tonight, and I'm getting even greater vibes than I got when I bought Panic! At the Disco. Cute Is What We Aim For has the same spirit in their song names and lyrics and their pop sound, but on a much more refined note. It sounds both restrained, and yet more expansive then Panic!; comparatively, Panic! feels like they rely on gimmicks, while Cute focuses on a straight-up, fun, yet biting tone. They're like Saves the Day but without the underlying darkness. Whatever the case, to use Mischa's words, I approve. Oh most definitely.

ETA: I also just bought Reinterpretations by the Shanghai Restoration Project. I am going to have some damn good music to design to next week during the magazine workshop.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am totally going to have to abscond with your new music collection. Wimbleton court? Ryan you crack me up.

Anonymous said...

I think the tornado followed you to NY.

About Me

My photo
I can neither whistle, nor blow bubbles with bubble gum.