27 July 2006

Santa Fe.

Tonight I accepted a three-month, full-time paid design internship in the art department of Outside magazine. It will start at the beginning of September, meaning that after returning to Kansas next Thursday, 3 August, I will have about a month at home to rest before I embark on my publishing career.

A career that should be considerably enhanced by a meeting this morning with Luke Hayman, the creative director for New York and the winner of this year's Magazine of the Year award from the Society of Publication Designers and, one week later, the National Magazine Award for Design from the American Society of Magazine Editors, therefore conferring on him 'The Man' status (the good kind). He encouraged me to take the internship (which I was already 99.8% certain of taking) and to join the SPD as soon as possible. This. Is. Exciting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! You're growing up so fast!
Congrats, you're gonna be great!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!! that is sooo cool-- I'm so impressed-- did we mention that that was a good luck fountain we pushed you into?

About Me

My photo
I can neither whistle, nor blow bubbles with bubble gum.