16 July 2006

On how much Central Park totally rocks.

Way more than I could possibly describe here. I spent over an hour running through it today, and was just amazed by the scope of it. With 58 miles of jogging paths, you could run there every day and never take the same route twice. Last week it was the Reservoir running track with the skyline of Manhattan; today it was running north up trails I didn't know, gaining in elevation when I thought there couldn't be anymore elevation left, until I came out at the Observatory, overlooking the Great Lawn, the Delacorte Theater (Shakespeare in the Park) and 5th Avenue on one of those fucking gorgeous Sunday mornings that make you realize that as long as there is Central Park, there is always a reason to live here.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I can neither whistle, nor blow bubbles with bubble gum.