07 October 2005

On running stairs in 35 degree weather.

Hey Mr. Cold Front,

You know that guy running the stairs in Memorial Stadium this morning? Yeah that was me. How do you like them apples? Notice that sweatshirt and pair of windpants I left sitting on the bleachers? That's what I think of your near freezing temperatures; I got by just fine with my tights, Nike Pro tee-shirt and a long sleeve shirt. It's called layers you lazy bastard. Was that really all you got? Think if you plunge the mercury down from a low of 70 when I ran stairs on Tuesday to 35 this morning that it's really gonna stop me? Let me tell you, my friend; it's gonna take some freakish combination of ice, snow and lightning to keep me from putting in 45 min. of launching myself up those stairs. And I'll believe that when I see it. So good try sucka; don't feel bad, cause you're not the first to fail in this particular endeavour.

–Ryan.

PS: If you could kinda take it easy on the wind chill next time, that would be great. Thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you joking? It's 34 deg here.

34 deg C.

I find it hard to believe that it gets to be 35deg F OUTSIDE in October. That just seems silly. Perhaps I should travel more often.

About Me

My photo
I can neither whistle, nor blow bubbles with bubble gum.