22 March 2006

Second chances.

I'm taking a cue from Dan Shanoff at ESPN.com's Daily Quickie by having another go-round with the bracket, since my previous one tanked in a blazing torrent of fire.

I think LSU does take down Duke, but loses to Texas. UCLA should be able to handle Adam Morrison, but his moustache will then go on to score 25 points in a failed rally; they knock off Memphis, who will, hoping beyond hope, crush Bradley so far into the ground that Peoria, Illinois itself will implode. I'd like for Washington to beat UConn, because I really don't like Calhoun and I really like Grey's Anatomy; Wichita State should get into the Elite Eight, and then go back to their usual status of being known only for the crude sexual practice symbolized by their mascot. And I'm going to go back to my original gut instinct and take BC to the Final Four; Georgetown's run will end after nipping Florida, which can't come soon enough. I've never rooted for a team from Florida, and I won't start anytime soon.

And in that Final Four? This is one of those times when I really wish they would reseed the teams for the national semifinals; Texas and UCLA should be the title game, but instead we'll see Texas vs. BC. Now sit back and watch as every game goes exactly the opposite of what I picked here; it wouldn't be March if my love of college basketball wasn't horribly and decisively betrayed by Duke.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do realize that if, by some miracle, the Gators make it the Final Four...

You'll never hear the end of it from me.


Ever.

Anonymous said...

WAHOO! GO GATORS!

We've got a shot at the CHAMPIONSHIP! HOLY CRAP! I knew you'd be excited.

Imagine this: LSU v. Florida for the championship - that's right, two SEC teams playing EACH OTHER for the national title. That would be insane! Our conference would make so much money, Billy D would cry pure silver.

About Me

My photo
I can neither whistle, nor blow bubbles with bubble gum.