27 August 2006

"I can't tell you how good that is."

Thus sayeth the commentators on CBS during the 2nd playoff hole at Bridgestone just now, when Tiger had a downslope shot in the tall rough behind the green. He rocked it, of course, and after finally getting a birdie on the 5th playoff hole, won the tournament. It wasn't the prettiest round of golf; hell, with that shot over the clubhouse Friday and the four straight bogeys yesterday to surrender the lead, and giving up a three-shot lead today on the back nine to be forced into the playoff, it was not even close to being a pretty tournament. But it was a gritty tournament, and Tiger has cemented the message he's been driving home all summer: I don't have to outdrive you. I can beat you straight up, short off, in the trenches, and everywhere else you can imagine. Forget the naysayers; dominance is fucking exciting to watch.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I can neither whistle, nor blow bubbles with bubble gum.