17 August 2006

Shutdown.

Almost exactly two months to the day I bought it, the MacBook is failing me. Yesterday morning it began randomly shutting itself off, exactly like it would if the power suddenly cuts out. There are no error messages when I restart it, but it does it whether it's starting up (twice it's shut down in the middle of bootup), soon afterwards, or it may even go several hours, with no rhyme or reason to it. AppleCare phone support was a joke, and from reading the Apple.com forums last night, I see that this is a problem that plagues anywhere from 12-20% of MacBooks. Serves me right for buying a first generation portable; I should've stuck with my instincts and waited to get an iMac. Anyway, I'm gonna trek up to the Apple Store in Country Club Plaza in KC tomorrow and see if they can diagnose this; I'm thinking/hoping it's a power supply problem rather than logic board, and that I can get this fixed before I leave for Santa Fe. For now though, I've set up a makeshift desk (small coffee table) for my old eMac. This sitting on the floor thing is already getting old.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I can neither whistle, nor blow bubbles with bubble gum.