15 April 2006

Karma.

So after the dancing and jumping around upon hearing my big news, I celebrated New York City the way that I think anybody should: with Chinese takeout. The next day, though, I realized just what I have ahead of me the next two months:

Making arrangements for subleasing my apartment.
Moving out of said apartment.
Packing my books so that they don't disintegrate in our home attic.
Managing to still stay in Lawrence through mid-June.
Possibly going on a road trip after finals week.
Determining what to take to NYC that I may live for six weeks.
Finding luggage suitable for carrying all of it.
Figuring out how to get it there.
Waiting for Apple to come out with their black MacBooks.
Buying one of them while I still have the student discount.
Getting a new suit for the (hopeful) job interviews.
Getting dress clothes for the (guaranteed) cocktail parties.
Paying tuition for the course.
Obtaining a student loan to cover it all.

There is no question that this is indeed karma for having only one class this semester. But if given the choice between planning for six weeks in New York City or a slate of finals, then karma ain't got nothin' on me.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I can neither whistle, nor blow bubbles with bubble gum.