10 April 2006

Sleepless in Lawrence.

Okay maybe it's not quite that dramatic, but my sleep patterns have been in chaos lately. My body is waking me up at 7:30am on the weekends no matter what time I went to bed the night before (2am this past Friday and Sat.), and yet on weekdays I struggle to get out of bed before 9am even when I set my alarm for a generous 7am. It's to the point that it's actually easier for me to spring out of bed at 5:20am to go to the Rec a couple mornings a week.

And there's no telling what's causing this, whether it's my body rebelling against me after all of the stress and work I did with yearbooks and unnecessary classes, or whether I'm truly becoming a nervous wreck because I don't know what my future holds (this is the week I found out about Columbia; as if it would kill them to send the letter a few days early), or because I'm laying awake thinking about certain friends who I wish would talk to me about things going on their lives. Damn my empathy!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I can neither whistle, nor blow bubbles with bubble gum.