16 April 2006

This is not the way it should be happening.

When I finished the yearbook, I thought that was it. No more font angst. No more 'what ifs'. No more thinking up catchy titles.

Except that apparently my brain didn't get the memo this weekend, and I couldn't help but think about what I would do if I had the book for yet another year. This is primarily because:

'What if' I had gone against everybody's advice and pushed my idea for the greatest yearbook ever: an Annie Leibovitz style monograph of student portraits done in black & white, with all of the names saved for the back of the book?

And also because: this may be my most favorite typeface since I started studying them.

And then there's this quote that goes so great as a title for the portrait idea: "That we walked past each other every day, and never knew it until now," from Colson Whitehead's book The Colossus of New York.

Of course this truly is all for naught. There is no way in hell I can do another yearbook, so it will instead be the unfulfilled dream. Wow, I'm really feeling the deja vĂș right now.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I can neither whistle, nor blow bubbles with bubble gum.