30 April 2005

Exile.

So that's more an honorary term/state of mind than anything else. Case in point: spent about three hours today in regards to what was supposed to be a 50-min. softball game. The powers that be at the KU Rec services are apparently in no position to properly create a softball tourney, so we ended up in a 'play-in' game at 1:30pm this afternoon; the winner would go up against the number three seed tonight at 9:30, when it would presumably be about 40 degrees outside. So by losing, we would actually win by, you know, not having to go back and play. That being said, we didn't want to lose; it just kinda happened through a confluence of factors, none of which really matter here because I am rather in some pain from a pitch hitting me right where the thigh muscle comes to the top of the knee. What started out as a tweaking pain at the beginning has since blossomed into an inability to climb stairs or do anything which might place pressure on my right leg.

But that's enough bitching about softball. Tiger is working wonderfully; I'm sure Spotlight will be a boon once I properly realize it's usefulness (it even searches inside PDFs!), I'm digging Dashboard (with the possibility of ever more Widgets to play with once people start thinking of new capabilities), and Safari RSS is changing the way a web browser should operate. Except for one thing: it is denying me the use of my quick edit tools in Blogger, making what should be an easy post into tedious labor to get the right tags.

What else? As I said yesterday, the yearbooks will be in on Wednesday afternoon. I have also been requested to attend the Student Senate Organizations' Awards banquet that night. I handed in my application and voice check CD for KJHK, and I sent in my RSVP card for the All Campus Dinner (alas, with no guest). And KJHK is playing "You can call me Al" by Paul Simon right freaking now; yes, this may shape up to be alright.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I can neither whistle, nor blow bubbles with bubble gum.