10 April 2005

On making a fool of myself for no particular reason.

See I was hoping to include some quotes and snippets of conversation from our Church of Beer services yesterday, which was to be the first official session with our newest member Joah, despite Tim's absence. Anyway, since I had just finished my last project from the past week right before the service, I proceeded to get a little drunk and act a little silly and then feel really ridiculous in front of Joah and her friend Amanda. On top of that I feel bad for J&M because they have to put up with me whenever I get like this and start ruminating on this, that and what not. Ugh.

But at least I did it early enough in the day that I could still get some work done last night; I stayed up until about 1am working on my Western Civ semester project. We're supposed to use a form of artistic expression to make a project using ideas or themes from the texts we're reading, so I chose to make propaganda posters using some of the points from the Communist Manifesto. Each poster includes a passage from a contemporary article that ties into one of the features that Marx & Engels lay out as generally applicable to a proletarian revolution; the tagline for my posters is 'Think you know the MANIFESTO?' Which is really the point: some of the things that Marx calls for are either so embedded in society today or make so much sense that people may have no idea they were set down in the CM back in 1848.

So today is set aside for homework if at all possible; I desperately need to get caught up on class reading. But if the neighbors were to come by with some softball gloves on this day that may very well be f-ing gorgeous, I would not complain.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I can neither whistle, nor blow bubbles with bubble gum.