18 April 2005

Where he reviews a movie when he should be reading Nietzsche.

I got Collateral this afternoon as the latest delivery on my Blockbuster Online account. I built in some time this evening to watch it in between the *massive* reading that I should be doing (Hero, the other movie I got today, is for tomorrow).

I was honestly expecting much more action, but I was very very pleased with how the movie played out. In fact, I liked the suspense more than I feel like I would've liked any more action. The choice of Tom Cruise was inspired, but I wasn't feeling Jamie Foxx all that much. And Jada Pinkett Smith really wasn't worth it; way to blow a fine actress on nothing more than a plot twist. Anyway, the movie was nicely shot with a good portion of it being overhead shots, crowd shots, or shaky cam™ looking out of the car; exactly my kind of realistic-type filming. I have a feeling I'll get more of everything (explosions, shooting, shaky cam) with Man on Fire later on, but without the philosophic musings on life and death that Vincent engages in, which was interesting and possibly ties into Nietzsche more than my teacher might imagine. =)

Anyway, so that was the fourth movie so far out of the now 110 DVDs that I have in my queue. God I better get busy with these things.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I can neither whistle, nor blow bubbles with bubble gum.