07 July 2006

Ultimate New York Friday.

7am Run in Riverside Park.
8:20am Breakfast in the J-School.
9am Final copy-edit for the prospectus of Hudson University Press.
10:50am Final printing of HUP catalog, designed by yours truly.
11am Magazine orientation meeting.
12pm Prospectus complete and ready for submission.
1pm Walk into Columbia University Security to report that my iPod nano has been stolen from the desk in my room sometime in the past week.
2pm Emerge in Union Square Park at 23rd St., spend next 15min. or so finding my way to the Strand Bookstore.
3:15pm Leave Strand, head south on Broadway towards SoHo.
3:30pm Get to Spring St., find the bakery I've been wanting to try for years to purchase a croissant (my new favorite breakfast food!), a brownie, and a cup of Earl Grey.
4pm Emerge in Rockefeller Center at 49th to find a place to sit down and eat my treats. Walk away thoroughly unimpressed by both the locale and the food.
4:15pm Get in line for Target Ticket Free Friday at the Museum of Modern Art on 53rd.
4:30pm Get in the building.
4:40pm Get through the checkroom.
5pm Leave behind the actual museum to check out the bookstore.
5:30pm Exit MoMA after looking at half the exhibits (with resolve to come back at a later date and see the rest), check out the Design Store across the street.
6pm Enter Niketown at 57th and 5th. Consider buying a Netherlands ballcap; realize I never look in good in ballcaps. Consider buying a NY Niketown t-shirt; realize that I can no longer wear anything larger than a small without looking like a loser.
6:30pm Leave Niketown, and with weary legs, push on to 59th and Columbus Circle to come back to Columbia. An already full train is forced to disembark all of its passengers due to mechanical failures, and what seems like half of humanity packs itself into the next one, with me in the middle.
6:55pm Exit at 110th and Cathedral Parkway, go down the block to a walk-in Chinese place (which I have been craving all week).
7:15pm Satisfy craving for General Tso's Chicken back in the dorm while I regale all who will listen about my iPod travesty. Proceed to make everybody both hungry for real (read: non-Columbia) food and paranoid about leaving valuables in our locked dorm rooms.
8:35pm Still unsure of my plans for the rest of the night; seriously considering just reading, but worried about others having fun without me. Being in New York City, I really need to get to used to this feeling to preserve my sanity.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I can neither whistle, nor blow bubbles with bubble gum.