11 February 2006

Commercialization.

I am very much in love with the ExxonMobil commercial of the kids walking, bouncing, and otherwise making the movements of winter olympians, because I very much did that myself when I was in third grade and first realized just what the Olympics were. I especially remember speed skating down the hallways at school...and everywhere else we went, I suppose.

Meanwhile, Chick-Fil-A is on my shitlist until the end of time. Their new spot in which a cow holds up a line of bulldozers trying to build a new burger joint is about the most dispicable commercial I've ever seen. Using one of the most powerful images and symbols of freedom in history–the man standing in front the tanks at Tiananmen Square–is and should be beyond the pale for any profitable use, especially for second-rate chicken sandwiches (and no, not even your waffle fries can save you this time).

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I can neither whistle, nor blow bubbles with bubble gum.