18 May 2005

Oh! Canada.

First British Columbia did what no other state has ever done before: they formed a citizen's commission on electoral reform, then allowed a public referendum on changing the very nature of the electoral system. And guess what? It looks as though BCers are responding with a Yes! to proportional representation, which happens to be a pet project of mine. Yay for them and I can only hope this serves as an example for a few bold states here in the US...yes Oregon, I'm looking at you. You already got rid of voting day, why not be even more daring?

Then this morning I was browsing through Today's Front Pages and came across this Member of Parliament (who is in the news for switching parties before a vote of confidence, which may not mean that much to you but I'm a parliamentary nerd): who knew Canada had this girl tucked away in the halls of Ottawa? I can think of some new uses for maple syrup now... Ew, did I really just say that?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I can neither whistle, nor blow bubbles with bubble gum.