06 May 2005

Wasting time.

Double meaning for that title, because yes I should be reading articles for my paper due next Thursday. But also an addition to my earlier post on the evolution 'debate': this thread from Daily Kos, with a requisite amount of Kansas bashing that one must unfortunately plow through to find nuggets like this:

I agree with everything you have said here. I toil (yes, toil) in higher education and I can tell you that this type of ambivalence about science can be seen in the up-and-coming generation.

One thing strikes me, however, and that is the slightly alarming notion that students in Bangalore are not studying intelligent design; their teachers are not having to waste valuable time trying to reconcile fundamentalist religious thought and science.

Nope. In Bangalore, their studying math and science and they are going to beat the pants off our kids in the global marketplace. Maybe then we can get our heads out of our arses. Or not.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I can neither whistle, nor blow bubbles with bubble gum.