02 September 2006

Futures.

Although I loved the previous template for this not quite a lonely poetry blog because of the simplicity of the look and the feeling of spaciousness, I had to change it because I needed to bring the linkie back up top. Why? Because my best friend and the smartest and funniest man I know deserves it. We're gonna take over the world, one podcast, hedge fund, or prefab pizza shack at a time.

Nonetheless, I've been thinking about making some changes for a while, but I had been waiting for a couple of reasons. First, I wanted to wait until Tuesday, 5 Sept., when I move out to Santa Fe for the rest of the calendar year. Obviously that's a big step for me, as both this internship and change of scenery will be a test of just what I want in a career and a lifestyle. But second, I was waiting because I wanted the 500th post on this site to be the big bang. As it stands, this post is 495. I was trying to time things just right so I'd use up enough posts this weekend to have 500 be some 'Goodbye, pt. 3' type of deal, but oh well.

Course, there's no telling how long this will last. As I mentioned above, and Lee also mentions, there is preliminary talk about a podcast (as well as other, TBD projects). We'll have to iron out the technical side of this, and it may be that we would need a new home for blogging, possibly even Apple's .Mac service. I don't know what the near future holds for this site, and I will make any transition (if there is to be one) as painless as possible. But no matter what, you can always expect the same insightful social commentary that has led to rave reviews. After all, you dance with the one that brought you. And four hundred and ninety-five posts later, she's still holding up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I come visit you in Santa Fe?

About Me

My photo
I can neither whistle, nor blow bubbles with bubble gum.