23 September 2006

Trifecta, pt. 2.

More from last night:

Ryan: I walked home from the grocery store the other night in the pouring down rain, and my landlord knocks on the door so I answer it and while still dripping wet, he says to me "Dude, you should go downtown and check out this bar. I want you to have fun here!" And I'm like "Dude, I'm more concerned about doing my laundry this weekend."
Lee: "I'm more concerned about survival, so traversing this town to go to a bar is right on my list."
Ryan: At this point I'm like 'Alright, when do I have to start hunting for sustinance?' Start crafting my bow and arrows and go track a bison.
Lee: Hey, that'd be a great story.
Ryan: Oh I'd photoblog that hell out of that. 'Here's Ryan examining elk dung. Here's Ryan suffering hypothermia.'
Lee: Speaking of photoblog, I need to get my digital camera and go down to the local McDonalds this week.
Ryan: Speaking of words that have never before been put together. What the hell?
Lee: Hahah, yeah, that's a sentence that has just been uttered for the first time in history. But no, I need to go take a photo of the sign, because this photo would need no title, no caption, nothing else. Right under the 'Billions and billions served' sign, on the sign with the interchangable letters, is a message reading 'Poetry event. 7-9pm.'
Ryan: That's incredible.
Lee: I know man. It's like 'When did this happen?'
Ryan: Well Starbucks has started opening this Salon type places with poetry and stuff.
Lee: Yeah, but I don't under my trans-fatty substances at Starbucks. Well, frappucinos.
Ryan: One of the greatest regrets in my life, and I can say this with all honesty and reflection. Where were we? Was it Utah? No, it must have been Arizona. Anyway, we were there one summer and we drove past some local restaurant that had a sign reading 'Rain dance Friday night. Weather permitting.'
Lee: *laughing for about 15sec.* See, if the weather cancels the rain dance, then obviously it worked! That's great!
Ryan: And I just wish I had gotten a picture of that sign. It was so perfect.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I can neither whistle, nor blow bubbles with bubble gum.