01 April 2005

Fall into place.

Last week I finished up the yearbook (these last proofs notwithstanding) AND got a summer job with the Duke Talent Identification Program's summer institute here at KU. I'll be working as a teaching assistant for two three-week sessions with kids in grades seven through eleven. Though I applied to help with the literature courses, I got put in (what else?) politics and economics, with the first course specializing in what appears to be my chosen field anymore: globalization. I say that because my senior history seminar project will examine globalization as US/Western imperalism in the post-war era, while my Korean history project will look at nationalist history and the meaning & importance of identity in a modern global world. Heavy stuff, which is why I believe we have a nice beverage called beer.

Anyway, so I'll be working with those kids about seven hours a day (six hours in class, plus I lead a study group four evenings a week), but I still get to stay in Lawrence for the summer. I've picked out my course schedule for the fall, and I was rather happy with everything until things went to the next level this afternoon. I can't say that I have this job with an on-campus marketing dept. as a graphic designer, but the head of the office was very receptive to me and would like to see some of my work to finalize things, which I will present in the form of a 160-page tour de force I like to call the greatest yearbook ever made™ later in the month.

So now all I need is to get through Hell Week '05, which starts now. Game on.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I can neither whistle, nor blow bubbles with bubble gum.