08 April 2005

Shellshock.

Wow, first day without a post. My apologies; I mean it's not like there wasn't anything that happened yesterday. Notably I took my sociological theory exam and handed in my Korean history midterm, both of which had my sufficiently freaked out for the better part of two weeks. What I didn't know is that that would be my highlight of the day.

We knew that our softball game last night would probably decide who wins our 'bracket' or whatever the hell it's called, but we were missing quite a few people due to a geographic society convention this weekend. We still scraped together enough people to hang with our opponent for four innings, when the deluge began. Perhaps it was the fog, maybe it was the wet f-ing grass, but we allowed 22 runs in the fifth inning; in order to beat them we'd have to go through our lineup three times. Add to this the number of injuries sustained by my neighbors throughout the evening and the fact that I had nobody to get a schooner with (though Tim kindly shared some free food from his mom & sister visiting Lawrence for a few days) and it was all in all a rather lacklustre night. Except for the Groundbreaking Study/Wager That Shall Not Be Revealed Yet, But Soon. Oh so very soon.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I can neither whistle, nor blow bubbles with bubble gum.