06 April 2005

Santos/McGarry?!

Tonight's West Wing wasn't quite the nailbiter that one might've hoped, but it was still vastly interesting to see (in an albeit fictional represenation) what a brokered political convention might look like, as we haven't seen one in a couple decades now. At least I did get the most pleasant surprise I think I've seen in six years of WW: Leo McGarry (John Spencer), the former Chief of Staff, as the nominee for VP on the Democratic Ticket to Matt Santos (Jimmy Smits). As much as I may like the idea of President Hawkeye, er, Vinick (Alan Alda), I gotta stick with the team. Hm, this is waaay too much talking about a TV show. Except for one more thing: CJ, get ready to meet Article III, Section 3 of the Constitution, you traitorous, yet beautiful scum.

In other news, I will finish my third of four class exams/papers tomorrow morning when I take my Soc. Theory test. I put my study lid on earlier today (ie: if at all possible I like to put a 24-hour lid on studying so that I don't risk cramming and stressing; if I have to stop a day before, then I have to start a few days before), and I've just been doing some tinkering with my last paper that is due by the end of the weekend. After that, it's just a month of constant study and research for my semester-ending projects. But first, softball and schooners. Who's with me!? C'mon! We're talking thirty ounces, people!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I can neither whistle, nor blow bubbles with bubble gum.